Best Mattress for Sciatica 2019 Detailed Review
I don’t know how long your concentration will be on this article, but pay attention and stick around.
If you’ve been suffering from sciatica, then this is the best place to be.
Wait a minute! Do you even know what sciatica is?
You might actually have this problem but you don’t really understand what’s going on.
This is a painful condition that results from pressure exerted on your back, specifically the lower back through the hips and buttocks. The pressure is exerted on your sciatic nerves and radiates all the way to your legs.
Such discomfort is especially common in our current generation. More importantly, most people actually don’t even know that this is something they are suffering from. They simply dismiss it as normal pain. However, this pain can actually manifest to a serious back problem.
When you have this problem, you will likely experience different waves of pain on your back. You will feel the pain when you try lifting something or simply when you sit down. This pain will generally affect your lifestyle.
How does Sciatica affect my sleep?
Have you ever gone to sleep with serious back pain? It’s rough right? Sciatica pain is even much worse. Trying to get some sleep with such a pain back is excruciating.
The worst part is you might end up not getting enough sleep.
In addition, sleeping in certain positions also increases the pain in your back. With that in mind, there are a few things you can try to relieve the pain. For example:
- Taking a hot shower before you go to bed: This will help you relieve the pain in your back since the hot shower will relax your muscles.
- Use Ice packs: The cold ice reduces inflammations in your back. It’s advisable to take a hot shower afterward since it will increase the blood flow. In addition, this will reduce muscle spasm which tends to accompany sciatica.
- Check your Posture: Whether it’s sitting in an office or staying at home all day, you are prone to getting a spike from sciatica. That’s because you’ll stay in a given position for a long time. Therefore, to reduce the effects of this disorder, you need to vary your posture almost every 20 minutes. What’s more, using a proper posture will help you relieve the tension that’s already building up in your back. You can also try yoga. It actually helps with back pain problems.
- Look for medications: there are different medications that can help you relieve the pain. Some of them include NSAIDS. These NSAIDS is a good option compared to Tylenol which only reduces the pain. NSAIDs also reduce the inflammation in the affected area. However, medications bear certain health risks that you should also understand. Talk to a physician and understand the safety of these drugs.
- Visit a doctor: if your pain doesn’t improve in two weeks, then you need to visit your doctor. The pain can really cause a lot of health risks.
- Find a good mattress: Imagine having a mattress that will help you relieve your back pain? Amazing right! The market today is full of mattresses meant to reduce the effects of sciatica.
How does a mattress help me reduce the effects of sciatica?
The same way a bad posture will affect your back so does your bad sleeping posture. That is to say, sleeping on a mattress that’s too soft will cause your spine to curve. Your spine will end up contorting due to the softness of your mattress. Therefore, this will increase the effects of sciatica.
This also happens when the mattress is too hard. Your back is not meant to be straight.
It has curves in different areas. That means a straight mattress will in the end also affect your posture. Using the right sciatic mattress will help you reduce the back and leg pains.
That’s because this mattress will support your spine in the right way. In turn, you will be able to have that good night sleep without any back or leg pains.
More importantly, these mattresses feature different layers which have a specific function to your spine.
Choosing the right mattress for your sciatica
The market today is flooded with different mattresses from different new companies. We owe this to the advancement in technology and the fact that you can now do your shopping in the comfort of your home.
All the same, finding the right mattress for your back is still challenging.
Most people who suffer from sciatica have a poor sleeping posture. Don’t worry. It’s not your fault. It’s actually impossible to control your posture as you sleep. Your body will naturally contour according to the shape of your mattress.
Therefore, you really need the best mattress for sciatica to deal with such problems. Luckily, there are mattresses that are made specifically for sciatica patients. Even if you don’t have a chronic symptom of the illness, it’s a good way to reduce any effects of the same. Here’s a list of the best mattresses.
Best Mattress for Sciatica sufferers 2019!
1. Casper Sleep Memory Foam
Do you wish to have that good night sleep without having to worry about your back pain? Then the Casper sleep Memory is the best option for you. On top of giving you comfort, this mattress comes with added advantages.
The foam inside it is constructed in 4 different layers that will give you the much-needed support. It is also more breathable, bouncy and durable. The best part is that it comes with a 10-year warranty. Therefore, you can shop with ease.
The construction in this mattress gives you the perfect balance between firmness and softness. It’s neither too soft nor too hard on your back. What’s more, it also helps you reduce sweating at night. That’s because the foam has open tiny holes inside it that allow air to flow freely.
You also have 100 days of night trials. The time is actually risk-free. That means you can easily return the mattress after this period. Some of the key features of this mattress include:
- It comes with three different layers inside. Regular mattress layer, memory foam layer and the latex. This is important to people suffering from sciatica.
- It comes with an amazing cooling system for that upgraded cooling comfort
- The high density in this mattress makes it quite comfortable and gentle on your back.
- The mattress comes with a 10-year warranty. More to that, you also have a 100-night trial which is risk-free.
- The three different layers in this mattress make it especially good for someone suffering from sciatica
- It has an amazing cooling system.
- The edge support of this mattress is absent.
2. Nature’s Sleep Thick Memory Foam Mattress Topper
The Nature’s Sleep mattress topper is one of the best additions to your bedroom. The mattress topper gives the new technological advancements in mattress a whole different meaning. It’s quite light but that doesn’t compromise its performance.
It comes with a patent Air Gel Technology which ensures you have the most comfortable night sleep. The mattress topper also comes with microfiber cover and an 18-inch skirt. The best part is that it contains open memory foam cells which will react to the sleeper’s body to provide optimum airflow conditions.
The mattress topper is made with premium material giving it the best quality in the business. You also have a 3-year warranty so you can shop without worry. The Nature’s thick memory foam mattress topper has the latest Cool IQ Gel Memory Foam which conforms naturally to your body.
The Cool IQ Gel Memory Foam relieves pressure on your back so you can easily toss and turn without any worry. In case you have any sciatica symptom, this mattress topper will help you reduce the pain.
- The mattress topper is very light and still performs effectively
- It comes with a Cool Gel Memory Foam that helps cool down your body temperature.
- The Cool IQ Gel Memory Foam in this mattress topper reduces pressure on your back.
- It protects your mattress and cover using fitted microfiber cover.
- You will need to buy a mattress to use this topper.
3. Bear Mattress
Do you love working out? Well, this mattress is specially made for your comfort. If you are an athlete or you simply love exercising, then pay attention to this section. I’m sure your body is always tired after a good workout.
The first thing that comes through your mind after going to the gym is a good shower, food, and sleep. All these factors are important for your muscles to heal and rejuvenate. That is why you will need a good mattress. The manufacturer of the bear mattress had this in mind.
The bear mattress is specifically designed to cater to your needs and so much more. Equipped with the Celliant technology, the Bear mattress will improve your muscle recovery while at the same time increasing your athletic performance.
What’s more, the mattress comes with 4 different types of foams. These foams are made to improve your overall sleep and comfort. Also, the foams will help you relieve any form of backache.
That’s not all! The Bear mattress is also specialized to adapt to people with different body sizes. You don’t have to worry about your body shape or weight when you buy this mattress. It also has a cooling system that ensures you have a cool temperature that’s necessary for a good night sleep.
- The Bear mattress is made specifically for improving your muscle recovery while at the same time relieving any backache.
- It comes with 4 different foams. All foams are aimed at giving you a perfect night sleep and comfort.
- It also comes with a 10-year warranty.
- The mattress is specifically made for people with different body sizes.
- You might have to dig deeper in your pocket to buy this mattress.
4. Classic Brands Cool Memory Foam Mattress
When it comes to elegant design, this mattress takes the crown. Just the mere sight of this mattress is breath-taking. The best part is that the manufacturer was also able to make this mattress a good choice for people with sciatica.
The mattress comes with a premium pressure reliever memory foam that simply takes the edge of the pain in your back. More to that, the mattress is also densely aerated so you can have a comfortable cool night sleep. When you combine all of these features, it’s like taking a nap in the clouds.
The high-quality foam in this mattress ensures that the mattress conforms to your body hence relieving pressure off your back. It also comes with a cooling gel that regulates the temperature. That helps reduce unnecessary sweating while you are asleep. It also comes with a bonus mattress for free.
- The mattress has a classic and elegant finish. It will simply complete your bedroom look.
- The Memory foam technology in this mattress ensures you sleep in the right position. This will also help you reduce the effects of sciatica.
- It comes with a 10-year warranty.
- The cool gel technology in this mattress keeps you cool all night.
- Most customers complained that the mattress is a little too hard for their taste.
5. DreamFoam Gel Memory Foam Mattress
Finally, the DreamFoam Gel Memory Foam mattress is another good mattress for people suffering from sciatica. The memory foam comes with breathable foams cells that allow air to circulate freely as you sleep.
The mattress is also able to eliminate motion transfers. Therefore you can have that comfortable night sleep with your partner. You don’t have to wake up in the middle of the night just because your partner moved.
More to that, you can easily secure the mattress on your bed. This mattress will not fall off in the middle of the night. The best part is that it reduces stress on your back hence eliminating sciatica symptoms.
- The mattress has a 10-year warranty.
- The mattress has a 13” Gel Memory Foam for added comfort.
- It reduces the effects of sciatica.
- You might have to spend an extra buck on this mattress.
If you already have a mattress, then you can consider buying the Nature’s Sleep Thick Memory Foam Mattress topper. This will relieve the pain of sciatica as effectively as buying an entire mattress. But if you want to go all the way, then the Bear Mattress takes the crown. If the symptoms of sciatica persist, kindly go and see a doctor for a diagnosis.