As a disc degenerates, it may herniate (the internal core leaks out), which is known as a disc herniation or a herniated disc. The weak spot in the outer core of the disc is directly beneath the spinal nerve root, so a herniation in this area puts direct pressure on the nerve, which in turn can cause sciatica. Pain that radiates down the leg and is due to a herniated disc is called a radiculopathy.
The most frequent cause of acute leg pain (sciatica) with lower back pain involves a herniation of a lumbar disc. Disc problems are by far, the most frequent cause of back ailments. Lumbar disc lesions are responsible for well over 90% of symptoms due to the lower spine. Low back pain is the cause of more disability than any other single affliction on the ground.
Disc protrusion or herniation is an extension of the nucleus pulposus material via the annulus into the spinal canal. Disc harm preludes to a herniation beginning at a young age, because of increased intra-discal pressure brought on by lifting heavy objects in lumbar flexion and rotation. This causes damage to the disc that contributes to low back pains. In patients who develop disc herniations, one or more episodes of low back pain frequently precede the disc herniation and sciatica.
Disc herniations that cause nerve compression may heal spontaneously, provided that low intradiscal pressures can be maintained for three months. This can be attained in three ways:
1. Avoid sitting for prolonged periods.
2. Avoid lifting or carrying heavy objects.
3. Being treated by a Chiropractor that uses a technique called Cox Flexion Distraction.
Cox Flexion Distraction Manipulation is a form of Chiropractic Spinal Manipulation Therapy allowing the following benefits:
1. Increases the intervertebral disc height, allowing a reduction in the dimension of the distal protrusion.
2. Enables the nucleus pulposus to guarantee its central position within the annulus and relieving pain and aggravation.
3. Restores vertebral spinal joints to their physiological relation of movement.
4. Improves posture and locomotion while relieving pain, improving body function and creating a state of health.
In conclusion, some quite small adverse interference or forces, a mere ripple, may lead to severe back pain. An equally small nudge, a therapeutic force, can remarkably start the process of recovery.
The excitement and challenge in treating low back pain are in knowing when to employ elaborate measures and if the “little nudge” of merely listening, caring, and encouragement is all that’s required. The art of selecting the most appropriate treatment requires the ability of the maximum degree.
Sciatica SOS: Your Guide to Removing the Pain in 7 Days or Less is the fastest method available for relieving sciatica pain and restoring functionality. You can use this method for the long term, “Yes to Pain-free life”.